Source: Kuty's Kreations!
This was inspired by both a Sunday night pizza craving and a fantastic pizza crust find. I was doing my weekly grocery run at my favorite Persian market and my eyes popped out when I saw a shelf full of large long pieces of Persian bread! Why hadn't I thought of this before? It is the PERFECT crust to use to make an insanely large amount of flat bread pizza. So much so that I was able to make 4 different types of pizza.
- Pizza toppings of your choice. (I grilled red peppers, zucchini, eggplant, red onions, and jalapenos. I also used peas and corn.)
- Tomato Sauce (I used 1 can of tomato sauce and simmered it with some red chili powder.)
- Cheese (I used asiago, mozzarella, pepper jack, and cheddar)
- 1 Large Persian Bread
- Pesto (I had some leftover spinach and arugula pesto I had made last week)
- Pesto, zucchini, peas, corn, mozzarella and asiago cheese. This was inspired by a pizza I've had at Bella Vista. I know it sounds wacky, but it is such a great combo of ingredients.
- Tomato sauce, grilled jalapenos and red peppers, pepper jack and mozzarella cheese.
- Tomato sauce, grilled eggplant and red onions, mozzarella cheese.
- Tomato sauce, grilled onions, mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the pizzas directly on the rack (this will make your thin crust pizza crispy). Be careful not to put too much cheese on the sides of the pizzas. The cheese on my pizzas melted over and dripped into my oven causing a mess =\.
- Wait until the cheese starts to bubble and brown a little bit
This can obviously become any type of pizza you want. Have fun, be creative, and let me know what you end up making! :-)